Procurement Administrator for a Mid-sized Oil & Gas Company
Position Title: Procurement Administrator
Reports to: Manager, Treasury & Cash Management
Responsible for the overall administration of a Mid-sized Oil & Gas Company Procurement Policy, including full implementation of the policy, training of users, facilitation of the process within work groups and ensuring that the policy is adhered to throughout the organization. Handle daily operations of procurement within a Mid-sized Oil & Gas Company.
Business degree or diploma with progressive experience including a minimum three years’ experience in procurement/purchasing. Experience in the oil and gas industry would be considered an asset. Understanding of purchasing contracts, strong analytical skills and some experience negotiating agreements is required. Excellent interpersonal communication ability both verbal and written and strong systems skills are necessary.
Internally - All work groups ranging from individual contributor to executive levels
Externally - Peers at other companies, vendors
Scope of Responsibility:
• Using the Procurement Policy as the guideline, develop processes to fit business requirement and meet policy requirements.
• Create forms and specific procedures for implementation of processes.
• Identify staff that will use policy, develop training materials and deliver training as required.
• Develop methods to verify that policy is being adhered to and test on a regular basis (exception reports, etc…).
• Facilitate administration of process in groups with high procurement volumes (develop RFP’s, etc…).
• As time permits, develop and implement blanket purchase agreements for repetitive purchasing needs.
• Special projects as assigned.