Analyst, Payroll and HRIS
Analyst, Payroll and HRIS
Located in Calgary, this position reports to the Team Leader, HR Services and manages our Clients Canadian and U.S. payroll function. The Payroll and HRIS Analyst’s main function is to ensure all payroll requirements are met while maintaining high standards of quality and accuracy. As a member of the Human Resources team and the primary point of contact for payroll, the incumbent will respond to inquiries from management, employees and third parties.
This role is also expected to work closely with the HR team and the IS department to ensure the integrity of our HRIS system (a module of SAP) specifically in regards to HR. This includes system upgrades and analyzing potential security issues as well as the development and enhancement of system functionality and processes to support HR functions.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
• Leads and administers Payroll for our clients in Canada and the US:
o Ensure all Payrolls are completed accurately and on time.
o Identify and resolve issues arising from review/processing of payroll.
o Ensure monthly reports/billings and account reconciliations are accurately posted to the general ledger/Accounting system.
o Oversee/coordinate 3rd party payments (i.e. United Way, Receiver General etc.)
o Develop, and maintain procedures, and policies to ensure efficient functioning and integration of practices affecting pay.
o Oversee monthly, quarterly and year-end payroll processes and regulatory compliance requirements are met.
o Manage all T4 reporting requirements including calculation and verification of taxable benefits.
o Manage service agreement and levels of third party payroll provider (ADP)
• Responsible for the integrity of all data entered into SAP:
o Develop procedures for the maintenance of workforce data to ensure accuracy and support effective and efficient use of data.
o Analyze current processes and develop and recommend process improvements that focus on increased data integrity and increased productivity. Recommended solutions could include changes in SAP to ensure more accurate and timely reporting of data.
o Verify accuracy of employee information in SAP. (e.g. new hires, benefit enrollments/changes, salary increases, bonuses, title changes, terminations etc.)
• As the HR technical business interface with IS, ensures effective implementation, integration and ongoing development of HR related systems (e.g. ADP, SAP, etc.):
o In conjunction with IS, identify requirements and coordinate implementation of changes, upgrades and fixes.
o Tests all enhancements before implementation to production environments,
o Identifies opportunities to streamline existing processes and works to continuously improve integration/value derived from payroll related systems.
o Designs specialized reports as requested within SAP.
o First level approver for quarterly SAP Security Access Sign Off which includes HR segregation of duties audit.
• Maintains and updates spreadsheet for Deferred Compensation Agreement
• In conjunction with the Senior HR Advisor, ensures insurance companies receive required new hire and termination information in a timely manner.
• Notify relocation firms of new hires requiring relocation assistance develop and maintain the relocation spreadsheet for both Canada and the U.S.
• Develop and maintain fleet vehicle reporting.
• Accountable for the HR Business Continuity Plan
• Compiles data to assist with our clients Employment Equity and Diversity reporting
• A minimum of 4 years payroll processing experience.
• Extensive experience operating in computerized Human Resources, Payroll and Time management system environment.
• Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) designation is preferred.
• Experience using SAP is preferred.
• Demonstrated proficiency in using computer applications, including report writing (eg. Microsoft Office, OrgPlus).
• Knowledge of Canadian and U.S. federal, provincial and state labor legislation pertaining to payroll.
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Ability to work independently and communicate effectively at all levels in the organization.
• The ability and desire to work in a team environment.