Joint venture representative role description
Joint Venture Representative Role Description
The role of a joint venture representative is a blend of commercial and technical responsibilities requiring a wide range of competencies in order to fill the specific
needs of a company.
A typical role description would include:
• Responsible for the commercial and technical stewardship of both company operated and non-operated joint venue assets.
• Provided liaison between internal and external stakeholders regarding joint venture matters.
• Build and maintained good working relationships with joint venture partners to achieve timely support for company and on-operated projects, activities and strategies.
Typical responsibilities and accountabilities would include:
• Provide internal and external liaison for joint venture matters.
• Identify opportunities and negotiate commercial terms for the construction and operation of jointly owned facilities.
• Secure appropriate facility access and implement the commercial terms for their company’s development activities.
• Attract third party production to use their company operated facilities.
• Steward the drafting execution and application of joint venture agreements.
• Ensure accurate application of joint venture agreement terms in accounting systems.
• Understand the profitability of existing joint venture arrangements and identify and progress commercial opportunities.
The attached competencies serve as a selection matrix for a company to allow more specification into the key skills and attributes required from their joint venture representatives to meet the particular needs of that company.