• Conduct negotiations regarding commercial terms and conditions with sub contractors.
• Review subcontract’s information following handover from procurement.
• Assess and ensure appropriate bonding is obtained from all sub-contractors in accordance with the Commercial Plan.
• Administer subcontractors and monitor their performance and compliance to commercial terms.
• Check progress applications and issue recommendation for payment.
• Valuation of change orders.
• Assist the Commercial Manager with the earned value reporting.
• Interact with engineering and construction departments to ensure compliance with terms, revisions and amendments of the subcontracts.
• Participate in subcontract claims or dispute settlements according to delegated authority.
• Conduct subcontract final account review and process back charges.
• Recommend efficiency changes to contract administration.
• Claims from subcontractors and claims against the client.
• Administer the contractual execution of the contract and ensure compliance.
• Process contractor requests for progress payment, reviewing for accuracy of the request prior to issuance to cost control.
• Process contractor requests for release of hold back and final payment, ensuring all documentation is received, deficiencies are addressed.
• Final close-out of the contract and evaluation of contractor performance.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Knowledge of contractual and civil construction technical terms.
• Surety/Letters of Credit – Performance, Holdback, Labour & Material Bonding
• Commercial, cost control, risk management and contract requirements awareness
• Excellent spreadsheet and word processing skills.
• Excellent organization, documentation and planning skills
• Excellent communications skills.
• High numerical ability
• Construction projects and the ability to work within a fixed budget.
• University Degree (Quantity Surveyor, Civil Engineer, CMA designations would be considered an asset)
• Minimum 10 years of experience in contract administration.
• Previous experience in construction is desirable
• Experience working in multi-national joint venture environment.
• Experience managing packages worth $10 million or more.