• Review subcontract information following handover from procurement.
• Administer subcontractors and monitor their performance in relation to contractual terms and conditions.
• Assess progress applications and issue appropriate recommendations for payment.
• Valuate and execute change orders.
• Assist Commercial Manager with earned value reporting.
• Interact with engineering and construction departments to ensure compliance with terms and amendments of subcontract.
• Participate in assessment of subcontract claims in accordance with a designated authority.
• Conduct final account review and close out of subcontracts.
• Prepare end life forecasts and implement cost variance analysis.
• Procure and appraise quotes from potential subcontractors.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Previous experience in construction is required, along with advanced understanding of contractual and technical terms.
• Expert numerical competence and spreadsheet aptitude.
• Advanced planning and communication skills.
• Comprehensive Commercial awareness and excellent organizational skills.
• Advanced understanding of fixed price construction projects and the ability to work within a fixed budget.
• Individuals may be required to travel within Canada and elsewhere as directed.
• Accordingly, individuals may be subject to relocation to projects and offices within Canada and elsewhere as determined by Our Clients resource requirements.
• Degree in Construction Economics or similar.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in contract administration.
• Experience in working in multi-national joint venture environment.
• Design Build experience in a P3 environment.
• RICS/MCIOB preferred.