Manager, Service Design
• Conduct fit analysis including robustness of design for current and future regulated commercial alternatives that support the company’s competitive positioning and niche strengths in the current and future market.
• Work with upstream, midstream and downstream market participants to develop attributes and terms of service that enhance the value of our client’s transportation alternatives.
• Provide, analyze, and recommend strategic and tactical commercial alternatives for the existing pipeline and future capital investments within broad guidelines and policies.
• Manage and report on the utilization of approved services while developing and communicating insights on service usage patterns.
• Analyze and report on the impact of new service opportunities on existing services. Develop business cases that provide a holistic view of organizational impacts that will be encountered as existing services are modified and new services are introduced.
• Monitor and interpret industry developments and trends in order to integrate that knowledge into our client’s current and potential future business models.
• Prepare Board of Director materials that often require recommendations regarding commercial direction and important strategic decisions.
• Communicate the value proposition of service initiatives to customer and owner representatives.
• Construct frameworks, determine scope and coordinates internal and external teams for regulatory service applications.
• Evaluates challenges internal commercial processes and makes recommendations for areas of improvement of that align with the organizations overarching strategic direction.
• Participates in the preparation and adjudication of Regulatory Applications in Canada and United States. Provides expert testimony on a written and oral basis during regulatory proceedings that supports the organizations goals and direction.
• Analyze, interpret and report on findings of industry announcements, regulatory proceedings, financial filings and press releases and make recommendations to senior management, the executive and Board of Directors.
• Participate in the development and execution of strategic plans.
• Keep up to date technically and apply new knowledge.
• MBA or MA (Economics) or equivalent plus a relevant designation (CMA, CGA, CA, CFA).
• 10 years varied and progressive experience in the utility and/or energy industry.
• Previous participation in NEB and/or FERC hearing processes would be an asset.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, ETC:
• A strong understanding of cost of service models, regulated toll design and the commercial and regulatory dynamics of the hydrocarbon transmission business in both Canada and the United States.
• Ability to quickly understand and conceptualize business requirements and consistently deliver quality, fact based solutions to meet those requirements.
• Demonstrated initiative and ability to work independently and meet tight deadlines.
• Supervisory and leadership skills to manage team of professionals, deal with rapidly changing circumstances, and preserve high standards of service, business insights and technical analysis.
• Works with minimal supervision, is highly motivated, flexible, attention to detail and is able to manage multiple demands.
• Excellent written and oral communication with the ability to converse with customer stakeholders at varying levels within their organization
• Experience in working in an electronic environment and proficient with desktop applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access.